• Heeere's Johnny!!
  • Group: Elite

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Asus Crosshair V mobo
FX-8120 CPU
8 Gb G.Skill DDR3-1866
Sapphire 3870x2
Air

Had it all up and running just fine till the other day doing some much needed maintenance, did a reboot and now nothing. The LED's along the "front" edge of the board are supposed to insinuate problems and light up if there is one. CPU LED stays lit all the time...
Cannot get into BIOS. I've cleared CMOS until I'm BLUE in the face.
Mobo came new from Ebay, CPU from the Egg.....

Open to ideas and suggestions...:pullhair:

edit: on closer inspection, I see that the lights are for "boot device, vga, dram, and cpu", the CPU light stays lit at all times and the DRAM light blinks twice and the rig shuts down...

edit #2: Pic of which CPU LED...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Heatware

Isaiah 6 v5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."

#2 User is offline   equinox 

• happily folding
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

try reseating the ram, mines done it in the past
********** intel i7-2700K~asus sabertooth Z77~AMD 280X~g-skill ripjaws 2133~pc power 1200wattintel i5 4570s~gigabyte H81~ HD7970~corair dominators 1800~pc power 750 watt amd FX-8120~asus sabertooth 990fx~HD7970~g-skill ripjaws 1866~pc power 750 watt20 i5 3570's folding********** Folding in rememberance of my cousin Brad and aunt PatBoth suffered and were taken by Huntingston DeseasePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   caintry_boy 

• Heeere's Johnny!!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks equinox, but, been there and done that...RAM in the 2 black slots. Should I go with the red slots??
Posted Image

Heatware

Isaiah 6 v5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."

#4 User is offline   terry1966 

• Tweaked Geek
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

you know the routine, 1 stick at a time in every slot, etc.

:crazy:
cpu:- core i7 920
motherboard:- gigabyte EX58-UD3R
memory:- Corsair 6GB DDR3 Dominator PC3-12800C8 1600MHz
gpu:- asus gtx275
hard drives:- ocz 60gb agility ssd, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
power supply:- PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad
case:- Coolermaster ATCS 840
watercooled cpu.

#5 User is offline   caintry_boy 

• Heeere's Johnny!!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Went with the red slots as it says in the manual to use those for better O/C'in...
It was a battle, but I think I've got it...sitting here running anyway.....
Now, back to Folding@Home!!
Posted Image

Heatware

#6 User is offline   caintry_boy 

• Heeere's Johnny!!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Problem is back only with the "Boot Device" LED...
Asus Crosshair V Formula mobo w/AMD FX-8120

Had it running on air in Mid Tower ATX case, pulled it and put in Full Tower ATX case on water. Now when I try to boot the 4 little Q-LED's along the front edge of the board flash in sequence as they should, but one stays lit. Boot Device. This is telling me that there is no boot device available. I've cleared CMOS, tried different hdd's, pulled out some hair, all to no avail...

Ideas or suggestions please??
Posted Image

Heatware

#7 User is offline   caintry_boy 

• Heeere's Johnny!!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Well, I have gotten it to POST and let me into BIOS where I selected to "load Optimized defaults", then set the time and date properly and switched from booting with PEG/PCI to PCI/PEG cause I'm running a PCI card in it...I couldn't get it to boot again using my 3870x2...Posted Image
Problem is that when I save settings and reboot, it doesn't reboot. Actually it seems to, but I get no video...and the dadgummed "Boot Device" LED lights up again solid.
I'm about to RMA this board to Asus in exchange for another if it doesn't straighten up...:pullhair:
Posted Image

Heatware

#8 User is offline   caintry_boy 

• Heeere's Johnny!!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Got it!! Gawd what a battle!! Just kept fighting with it, finally got it to use the 3870x2 and let me in BIOS, and then finally got it to set/reboot and actually start. I don't know that I did anything specific other than setting the UEFI BIOS to EZ Mode and hitting the O/C button of the BIOS.
Mobo has an O/C button too....hmmm.
Posted Image

Heatware

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users